About Me

My photo
Bonn, Germany
20 year-old blogger from Bonn, Germany with a passion for fashion, styling & make up. I love literature (Shakespeare, Goethe, Dostojewski & Tolstoi are a MUST!), traveling, different cultures & meeting new people. Even though I was born in Germany I'm of Romanian descent & proud of it. I'll be posting & blogging about everything I freaking want.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

O.P.I.-Sin.



Alo sweethearts!
One quick post before I'm off to my grandma's & NOT posting for about a week - YES, I know, sorry. But I'll be back next week I swear! After the last months' stress I just need a timeout & what's better than being with your granny?

One more thing: A lot of people were complaining about me posting in English. No, I am NOT trying to be cool by doing so. -.- Like seriously? Get the hell outta my face!  I have always loved this language plus I have to keep writing & speaking if I really want to study in the UK. Furthermore I believe that more people are able to read my blog in English since it's a WORLD LANGUAGE. Apparently a lot of my friends still have issues with reading/understanding everything though. Implication: From now on (next post actually since I'm busy as a bee! *.*) I'll do posts in German & English (starting off with English & then post the same thing in German beneath).

Back to our regular program... Forgive me God, for I have sinned. I bought some WAY TOO EXPENSIVE nail polishes. I have always heard a lot of good stuff about O.P.I. so I thought - after working a lot - I could get me something "a little more expensive". I had to decide between MAC's "Russian Red" & O.P.I.'s Nail Varnishes. I went for O.P.I. [first.. I need that lipstick!].

Originally I wanted to pick the "Natural Nail Base Coat" & a red color called "The Thrill Of Brazil". Since a lot of colors were on sale I also took a bronzy/gold'ish kind of color called "Rising Star" & the infamous "OPI Top Coat". 
A lot of beauty gurus & stuff have been saying that the "Natural Nail Base Coat" & the "OPI Top Coat" in combination make the varnish stay on your nails for up to 9 days. I can't really say anything about that since I only applied my color yesterday but I'll definitely keep you in the loop. Usually I have problems with nail polish as it never stays on for more than 2 days (I've really tried EVERYTHING!) so I'm pretty excited about this one. 

Besides that the "OPI Top Coat" has a lot of critics. Most of them argue that it takes AGES to dry & loses its shine within a day. I have to say it isn't my favorite so far because it does take way too much time to dry (messed up my nails at least 3 times... UGH!). The shine is pretty amazing though & the color still lasts so let's see... Nevertheless I think 16 € are a little too much. As for the colors: 16€ are definitely okay! They are perfect, shiny, easy to apply, covering & so far long-lasting plus they have a HUGE assortment, colors in various shades etc.

All in all good stuff & I definitely want some more colors... Let's see about the base & top coat though (also heard the top coat thickens easily... ¡NO me gusta!)

I'll put some pictures for you below. I made sure I used both colors ;-)

Talk to you guys on Saturday! Have a great week!
Yours, Lea 
 

I applied the " Natural Nail Base Coat" first, 1 coat of "The Thrill of Brazil" & on one figer 2 coates of "Rising Star".. Last but not least the "OPI Top Coat".

"Natural Nail Base Coat" (16 €), "OPI Top Coat" (Sale 8 €)
"Rising Star" (Sale 8 €), "The Thrill of Brazil" (16 €)


1 comment:

  1. Girl, don't mind them. I encountered the same prejudice when I started my log bilingually. If they had any sense in them, they'd be glad their school knowledge is put to good use.

    ReplyDelete