About Me

My photo
Bonn, Germany
20 year-old blogger from Bonn, Germany with a passion for fashion, styling & make up. I love literature (Shakespeare, Goethe, Dostojewski & Tolstoi are a MUST!), traveling, different cultures & meeting new people. Even though I was born in Germany I'm of Romanian descent & proud of it. I'll be posting & blogging about everything I freaking want.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hometown Glory.



Alo amigas & amigos! 
I'm back!!! 
Back from an awesome week with my family. I stayed at my grandma's house in a village near Bremen & for the first time in almost 10 years I saw my Canadian grandaunt who actually came to visit my grandma last week. I spend quality time with these two amazing ladies & furthermore met several grand cousins, my lovely granduncle Arthur, their wives/husbands etc. & - of course - I also met my lovely aunt & her boyfriend.

I love this part of my family beyond limits. It's always fun to be with them & I get to know a lot more about my Romanian/Bessarabian heritage which is not only interesting but also extremely important to me. I just love listening while my grandma (89), grandaunt (77) & granduncle (84) are talking about our "home" & their life there. I urge everyone to study your family's history! SO ENRICHING!

I left crying, feeling bad about leaving them & all that jazz. They all wanted me to stay at least one more week but I had to get back to work etc. I'm so scared to leave them since I love them to death & I'm aware of the fact that my grandma feels lonely. Still, I left with some amazing memories & experiences. I learned a lot of important things:
1.) I'm an "exact mixture" of my grandmother, grandaunt & aunt. 
2.) I admire these 3 ladies for being such strong individuals, such strong WOMEN. Especially my grandmother & grandaunt since being as independent as them wasn't common 60 years ago. I look up to these women & I can proudly say that I was raised by them & another strong woman, my mother.
3.) Damn, they raised me good. ;-)

Like my grandaunt said: "Don't you ever give up! I never did & you won't either. This family doesn't give up. Your grandma is superwoman anyways... If you haven't realized yet."

Last but not least my grandma told me something a lot of people - even myself - tend to forget frequently: "We come to this world with nothing & we leave with nothing." Don't spend your time worrying about material things, spend time & energy caring for the ones you love!
Talk to you guys later!

Yours truly, Lea

Left to right: Grandaunt Frieda, Granduncle Arthur, Grandma

Out eating with my grand cousin & his wife. :-)

************************
 OK, one thing I didn't know: My family "owns" a forest! Can you believe it? Now that makes me proud! They worked their way up from the bottom. They came from Romania having NOTHING & now [actually 30 years ago...] my family bought a forest! :*)
Here are some pictures of this piece of nature + my grandma & grandaunt. BEAUTIFUL!











************************
Grandma opening a bottle of wine. 

 My grandaunt, last evening.

Grandma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment