About Me

My photo
Bonn, Germany
20 year-old blogger from Bonn, Germany with a passion for fashion, styling & make up. I love literature (Shakespeare, Goethe, Dostojewski & Tolstoi are a MUST!), traveling, different cultures & meeting new people. Even though I was born in Germany I'm of Romanian descent & proud of it. I'll be posting & blogging about everything I freaking want.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

[Around The World #9] Maglaj & Tešanj, Bosnia and Herzegovina. 2012.



Hey once again,

This will be the last post about my summer vacation last year. Finally.
I believe that this was the final day before we went home again. 
My mom and I wanted to go to some park she read about and once again we asked my friends for help. In the end we were five people in a blue Škoda driving through Bosnia while the sun was burning down on our car. 
Surprisingly enough we found the park my mother was looking for but in the words of my dear friend Haris there was "Nothing. Absolutely nothing" - well except cute puppies which didn't really seem to interest him (therefore his mom and brother) & lovely nature. 
Long story short, we got in the car again and visited two old castles/fortresses in Maglaj and Tešanj which were breathtaking - not only because of the steaming hot weather. 

bhtourism provides you with more info:

*****

MAGLAJ
The Middle Ages in Maglaj remain to be visible in over a hundred tombstones and the Maglaj Fortress, built in the late 13th century which served to defend the town from conquerors. With the arrival of Ottomans, the fortress was reconstructed and a clock tower was added to it in the 17th century. Stone spheres of unknown origin and purpose (dating back 20.000 B.C.) can also be seen – one of them is displayed in front of Maglaj’s City Library. Maglaj is also the home to one of five Catholic Church shrines in Bosnia and Herzegovina – the Shrine of St. Leopold Mandi
ć. St. Leopold was known as the Apostle of Confession and the Apostle of Unity and his hand bones are kept at the church. A special mass is held on Wednesdays when all visitors are welcome. 


TEŠANJ
Tešanj is where the ancient and the modern era meet. The Fortress of 
Tešanj, dating back to the Illyrian period, was furnished in the Middle Ages, later a clock tower was added. The fortress has two garrisons and a restaurant/café and is often a venue of various cultural and entertainment events. The other sightseer attraction is the 17th century Ferhat-bey’s Mosque built by Ferhat-bey, a relative of the Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent.

*****

I hope you enjoyed this even though it took me ages to get everything up.  Once I am in Bosnia again and know what my work schedule looks like I'm maybe able to write something daily or weekly - depending on how much happens. 
Mostly I will try to do more fashion-related stuff again. Whatever pops up. 
Anyways. I wish you an awesome time until I get back from NYC! :D

Yours, 
Lea.









Maglaj













Tešanj



























No comments:

Post a Comment