About Me

My photo
Bonn, Germany
20 year-old blogger from Bonn, Germany with a passion for fashion, styling & make up. I love literature (Shakespeare, Goethe, Dostojewski & Tolstoi are a MUST!), traveling, different cultures & meeting new people. Even though I was born in Germany I'm of Romanian descent & proud of it. I'll be posting & blogging about everything I freaking want.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

[Around The World #6] Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina. 2012.



Hey everyone!


After ages I am finally back. I'm not going to make up any excuses I just didn't have enough time and a bunch of stress the last couple of months. Therefore I also achieved lot of things. :) I passed all of my exams, moved back to Bonn, organized everything for my internships and New York.
I have to finish up the posts about my summer vacation quickly because I still have to pack my bags among other stuff since I am leaving for NY tomorrow. I thought about not doing them anymore but thought it would be sad even though it is kind of ridiculous since my vacation was 6 months ago (if I'm not mistaken, time seriously flies) and I will be back in Bosnia by the end of March anyways.

A short update: I decided not to go to Romania this year since I was offered two internships in Bosnia for spring and summer: one in Sarajevo and one in Banja Luka. I will probably stay for about 4 months. Neither would I have enough time for Romania nor money.
Concerning the last four posts (including this one): I wrote them a while ago, wasn't happy with it, deleted everything, wrote it again and didn't finish editing, looked at it now and realized that a lot just wasn't up-to-date anymore. Here I am again with not enough time on my hands, trying to keep the texts short - quoting a lot - keeping the focus on the pictures. I'm aware of the fact that this actually is neither doing the places nor the people justice. Bear that in mind. 

Let's get it crackin'.
If you've read the title you'll know that we took a trip to the lovely town of Visoko and its pyramids (which you actually can't see but guess, since that was the exact place where the pictures were taken).

Besides its pyramids Visoko has a breathtaking landscape and is the home of a bunch of amazing people.
I don't know whether all of you are familiar with the Bosnian pyramids or have even heard of them before. As a matter of fact: You should have. They are not only extremely interesting and fascinating but also highly controversial. There is a whole debate on whether they are actually pyramids or not etc., man-made or a "hill". Honestly, none of it makes sense to me. They definitely look like pyramids. Arguing whether people lived in there or not, were buried there or not is in my opinion absolutely unnecessary. I am 100% positive that they are NOT "natural" furthermore they have an extremely complex structure. I don't get why people even argue whether they are man-made or just "hills". As far as I can say, even though I am not a scientist, the wikipedia entry supporting the latter is BS. I have eyes. I don't think that nature can built something that precise.

Since I don't want to say anything wrong, here are some more information about the "bosanske piramide". Maybe I will also include a video the next days, a documentary my dear friend Haris (who was there with his mom, my mom and me) posted on FB after our trip:

Just for your information: We were on the Bosnian Pyramid of the Moon where we had an AMAZING little tour guide. If I'm not mistaken he was not more than 12 years-old and told us that he had worked at the pyramids for years, showing tourists around without asking for any money. After talking to our friends in Bosnian and a little English here and there he suddenly started talking German, the moment he realized that my mom and me were speaking it. Let me just say that his German was damn near PERFECT! He seemed proud to say that he learned it from TV. That little guy truly got himself a place in my heart, and all of my respect. 
After lunch we went to see the Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun where we met a boy from Germany/Poland with his Polish father who ended up exploring the rest of the city/pyramids with us. Since it was extremely hot we didn't went all the way up and decided to visit the Tunnels. They were by far the most interesting. I had never been in ANY pyramid before and apart from that not with a tour guide as good as the one we had for the Tunnels. I tried to convince him to write something for my blog since he would have been able to write way more detailed, having obviously more knowledge. The tunnels were not only interesting because of their architecture but also because of a lot of spiritual "myths" (as some might call it) surrounding the place.
When we got out we wanted to see even more but it was already evening and we were way to tired. We decided to go back to Zenica, had coffee at our friend's house and then me and my mom got back to the hotel.

I am outraged and cannot understand why the pyramids don't get more international attention. As most of it in Bosnia, they deserve it.
All I have to say is: If you ever visit Visoko - which you definitely should, if you get the chance - hit me up for the info on the tour guides. 

On that note and again a long post: toodles! I'll be back with Mostar and Međugorje in a couple of minutes.

Yours,
Lea.



























No comments:

Post a Comment