About Me

My photo
Bonn, Germany
20 year-old blogger from Bonn, Germany with a passion for fashion, styling & make up. I love literature (Shakespeare, Goethe, Dostojewski & Tolstoi are a MUST!), traveling, different cultures & meeting new people. Even though I was born in Germany I'm of Romanian descent & proud of it. I'll be posting & blogging about everything I freaking want.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

[Around The World #4] Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina. 2009.









************************************

Alo lovelies!

I guess it's time for another "Around The World", namely #4.
The pictures above were taken during my first trip to Zenica, Bosnia and Hercegovina in July 2009. Unfortunately I don't have any of the pictures I took on my second trip anymore (in October 2009) - don't ask why.
I visited the country in July 2009 to attend the wedding of one of my former friends. Ever since then I fell in love - some of my best AND some of my worst memories lay there. Even though not all of my experiences have been pretty: I don't ever want to miss ANY of them plus I am thankful for each and every single experience I made out there.
For some odd reason Bosnia feels a lot more like home to me than Germany does. I guess even though the culture is very different from Romania's, Bosnia is still more similar to Romania than Germany could ever be. I hope that makes sense. ;-) Since I never had the chance to stay in Romania for a couple of weeks, Bosnia is what I can connect with in that department - PLUS I have always been interested in its history [obviously.. otherwise I wouldn't start studying 'South East European Studies']

I thought I'd share the pictures in honor of me going back tomorrow. I am finally going on vacation - the last time before university. : ) 
  
Yours, 
Lea.


No comments:

Post a Comment